Primary research and teaching has revolved around two threads: (1) the evolutionary processes of government institutions, from bureaucratic government bureaus to courts and (2) the political engagements of minority groups and indigenous peoples of the world, oftentimes with government institutions.
- Social & Political Movements
- Race & Ethnicity in American Politics
- Politics of Identity
- Research Design (through American Culture Studies)
- Racial and Ethnic Relations in the US (through American Culture Studies)
- The Native American Experience (through American Culture Studies)