Primary research and teaching has revolved around two threads: (1) the evolutionary processes of government institutions, from bureaucratic government bureaus to courts and (2) the political engagements of minority groups and indigenous peoples of the world, oftentimes with government institutions.
Social Movements; Identity Politics; Institutions
- Social & Political Movements
- Race & Ethnicity in American Politics
- Politics of Identity
- Research Design (through American Culture Studies)
- Racial and Ethnic Relations in the US (through American Culture Studies)
- The Native American Experience (through American Culture Studies)